Are you looking for a tasty recipe to spice up your taco nights? Why not consider cooking the delicious Birria tacos? Birria is an extra spicy and flavorsome Mexican beef or goat stew. The meat is cooked slowly, so as a result, it is tender and juicy. Then the beef or goat is skillfully stuffed inside the taco, and viola! Birria taco is ready. Plus, you can dip the tortilla in the stew fry until it turns crisp for enhancing the taste. So prepare the Birria tacos near me without skipping this important step. You can use the instant pot or the slow cooker to make the dish.
Try this famous dish in your home with the simple recipe below.
Important ingredients to make Birria tacos
For preparing meat
- Stemmed and deseeded ancho chilies
- Stemmed and deseeded New Mexico chilies
- Dried chile de Arbol
- Roma tomatoes
- White onion
- Cloves garlic
- Beef broth
- Vegetable oil
- Chuck roast
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Apple cider vinegar
- Ground coriander
- Ground cumin
- Dried oregano
- Cinnamon sticks
- Dried bay leaves
For preparing tacos
- Corn tortillas
- Shredded mozzarella
- Finely diced onions
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut limes
Simple recipe to make Birria tacos
Method to make beef
- Take the meat and make sure it is at room temperature. Season it with salt liberally.
- Take a large pot and keep it on medium heat. Get ready to prepare the meat in batches. Start to seat the meat on both sides for three minutes. Transfer the meat to the bowl and follow the same process to cook other meat pieces.
- Add chilies, onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices to a cooking pot. Add water to this pot until it covers all the ingredients. Keep the stove on simmer for twenty minutes. Cook it until the tomatoes and chilies become soft.
- After it cooks, drain the water and transfer the contents to a blender. You can also use beef broth for it. They blend these all together into a smooth paste.
- In a large vessel, put the meat and add the sauce. Keep the stove on a simmer and cover the pot with the lid. Put this pot in the oven to braise for three hours. Then only the beef will shred easily and will become tender.
Method to Birria tacos
- Shred the meat using a fork.
- Add the sauce to a bowl, and you can also mix beef broth into it if the sauce is too thick.
- Cut some onions and cilantro and mix these in a small bowl. Also, add lemon juice and salt.
- Add this onion and cilantro mixture to the consomé and mix some lemon juice.
- Dip the tortilla in the sauce and fry it on medium heat.
- Next stuff the shredded meat and Oaxacan cheese on the taco. Flip the taco, so it is crispy on both sides.
- Put the taco on the baking sheet and bake it in the oven at 200F. Follow the same process for the other Birria tacos as well.
The most tempting and delectable Birria tacos are ready. The total time to make the dish is four hours. So to make Birria tacos, you have to be slow and steady because only when you cook the meat slowly will it be tender and juicy.
How To Make Birria Tacos
Birria tacos near me are a signature Mexican and American dish to take your taco night dinners to another level. Your guests will certainly enjoy eating it.